Coconut oil is a beloved carrier oil that is excellent at moisturizing our strands as it actually penetrates the hair shaft and expertly improves the health and vitality of textured hair. Coconut oil helps to add shine to hair, fights frizz and even helps with detangling. It only makes sense to create a wonderful coconut mask to impart that goodness into your strands.
This is an powerhouse natural oil that most naturals love so even if you do not want to use as a sealant, it is great in a hair mask and we’ve got three that are worth giving a try this spring and summer.
Bananas are filled with potassium, vitamins, and other nutrients that are good for the hair and honey is a natural humectant. This banana and coconut mask works wonders for dry, damaged hair and helps to reduce breakage and split ends. These two are excellent for recovering from your dry winter and getting hair ready for warmer weather.
1. In a medium size bowl, blend the bananas using a hand mixer. Be sure that the banana mixture is very smooth and free of any chunks or small pieces.
2. Next add the coconut oil and honey to the banana mixture and thoroughly blend all the ingredients together.
3. Apply the mask to your hair working in small sections. Make sure that the ends and other damaged areas of the hair are coated well.
4. Cover your hair with a shower cap and let the mask sit for at least 10 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
5. After rinsing, comb the hair to make sure that there are no pieces of banana remaining.
6. Once combed through, rinse the hair again and apply your favorite leave-in conditioner.
This hair mask smells good enough to eat and is great for removing oil and product buildup from the hair and scalp. Strawberries add shine to hair while also containing folic acid and Vitamin B5 which are great for hair loss. This is a great hair mask for moisturizing and aiding in hair loss or hair thinning.
1. Remove the tops and stems from the strawberries. Blend the strawberries, coconut oil and honey together in a mixing bowl. Try to get the mixture as smooth as possible.
2. Apply the mixture to damp hair and cover with the shower cap.
3. Let the mask sit for at least 10-20 minutes before rinsing thoroughly with warm water.
If your hair is dull and dry, this conditioning mask is perfect for you. The best thing about this mask is that it is simple to make. The only ingredients you’ll need are coconut oil and your favorite deep conditioner. This is perfect for getting that deep conditioner to work even harder at moisturizing your thirsty strands.
1. Take your favorite deep conditioner and put it in a mixing bowl.
2. Add coconut oil to the conditioner and mix the ingredients together.
3. Apply the mask to clean, damp hair and let it sit under plastic cap for at least 30 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
What’s your favorite coconut mask? Share below!