|Photo Courtesy of PhillyNightOut.com|
I cannot get to the movies often enough but I am super excited about going to see Chris Rock’s new movie TOP FIVE which opens this Friday. This move is getting all the buzz with a star-studded cast of Chris Rock (of course), Rosario Dawson, Cedric The Entertainer and JB Smoove just to name a few. It also has the lovely and gorgeous star of BET’s Being Mary Jane, Gabrielle Union.
For this role Gabby had to go blond and everyone was questioning her choices but so many actors and actresses go that extra mile for a role so no big deal, right? I get it but I was shocked to hear that the lovely Gabby had some serious issues with her tresses as a result.
But being a movie star has its own pitfalls. While filming for Rock, “I have dark hair, and the process to get it blond [for the film] made my hair fall out. Some people gain weight for a role, I practically went bald for a role. I lost so much hair!”
As for Wade, he “loved the blond and thought I looked sexy. But once I went bald, he was like, ‘I’m ready for you to go back!” PageSix.com
Oh wow! Talk about surprised. Don’t they all were wigs and weaves for their roles? I guess not and I can see why it was time to go back to her normal hair color. Ouch!
Hair coloring can be tricky and bleaching is dangerous if not done properly so good luck to her for getting it back healthy and hope she rocks a weave for the next role.
It seems we have two opinions out here about Gabby’s misfortune:
- She merely wanted to go blond and when it started breaking off she blamed it on the movie role.
- She merely dove in to her character just like many serious actors who lose or gain massive amounts of weight to the point of getting sick. Some actors even do their own stunts and break bones as a result.
What say you Naturals and who is going to see TOP FIVE this weekend?
Take care Naturals,
- Gabrielle Union Promotes ‘Top Five’ on ‘The Tonight Show’ After Videobombing Hubby Dwyane Wade!
- News: Chris Rock, Kanye West, JadaKiss and More at the ‘Top Five’ Movie Premiere
- “Look At The Roles He Gave These Women:” Rosario Dawson Brags On Chris Rock, The Feminist
- Chris Rock’s new comedy “Top Five” unveils red-band trailer
- Actress Rosario Dawson Adopts 12-Year-Old Girl
- Gabrielle Union Shows Her Real Hair On Instagram Along With Some Weave Advice