|Naturally Unique tee can be found at Seriously Natural Boutique|
Fall is upon us and winter is not far off as we are feeling the cooler temperatures and gearing up for the holiday season. It may not be apparent just yet, but naturals will need to get ready for the fall and winter weather for our hair. More naturals will be protective styling or adjust their spray bottle concoctions, but naturals with high porosity hair will also need to find ways to absorb just enough moisture – and retain it.
Hair porosity is fundamental to understanding your hair type. It may not get as much attention, but knowing your hair’s porosity will make caring for your tresses simpler and retaining moisture easier. With curly hair, moisture retention is top priority. Hair porosity is how well your hair will absorb and retain moisture, oils, or chemicals (like color) and is affected by the elasticity of one’s hair cuticle. The cuticle’s condition determines how easily moisture will pass in and out of your strands, and yes it does go both ways meaning your hair’s cuticle can receive moisture and it can lose it.
You can read the rest of my article over at Naturallycurly.com
- 5 Reasons Your Natural Hair is Dry
- 4 Ways You Could Be Hindering Your Own Natural Hair Journey
- Glycerin And Fall Natural Hair Care
- The Dos And Don’ts Of Managing Frizzy Hair, Regardless Of Your Hair Type
- Curl Talk: The 10 Reasons You May Have Hair Breakage
- The benefits of hair conditioner