|Photo Courtesy of Naturallycurly.com
I just love learning about oils that I am not familiar with but have been around forever. Another old but new oil is kukui oil and it has received some recent fame when Lupita Nyong’o shared her beauty secret with Glamour Magazine earlier this year. When she shared that she uses natural Hawaiian kukui oil and avocado oil on her face that nugget of information began creating a buzz in the beauty world.
Kukui nut oil has been used for centuries in Hawaii and comes from the candlenut tree (Aleurites moluccana) in Hawaii. It is a transparent oil with low viscosity that is cold pressed from seeds. Hundreds of years ago, this oil was and continues to be used by the Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders to protect their skin, especially for the babies (Fujikawa and Gray 239).
Read the rest of my article over at Naturallycurly.com
- Kukui Oil
- Can This Ancient Beauty Secret Give You Amazing Skin?
- Lupita Nyong’o Shares Her Beauty Secrets With ‘Glamour’ Magazine
- Beauty Icon: Lupita Nyong’o
- Lupita Nyong’o Covers Vogue’s July Issue
- Lupita Nyong’o’s Second Ad for Lancome Pushes a Wide Variety of Shades