|PHOTO COURTESY OF JESSICA PETTWAY|
4C hair is beautiful and easy to care for as long as you know how to properly clean, moisturize, and maintain it. The best advice you can get on maintaining 4c hair is from women who have plenty of experience with it. Although everyone’s hair is unique, watching others’ trials can reduce the stress of finding what works for you. So we reached out to community favorites, 4c vloggers Lulu, Kriss, Jessica, and Jenn to share their hair care do’s and don’ts that have been successes and failures of their regimens.
See also: 8 Precious Pearls of 4C Natural Hair Wisdom
|PHOTO COURTESY OF PURE ESTROGEN|
- Follow the directions on your products. The idea of deep conditioning overnight sounds great, but it really doesn’t do much for your hair.
- Work your product into your hair to make it easier to detangle and give it extra stretch before styling.
- Don’t wash hair that hasn’t been detangled. Semi-stretched knotted hair is bad enough as it is. Try removing the knots from perfectly shrunken kinks.
- Don’t comb dry or soaking wet hair. Lightly moisturize or spritz to make it pliable. Finger detangle each time that you can get away with it.
Read the rest of my informative post over at Naturallycurly.com
- The Day I Became a D.I.Y. Naturalista
- Meet the 29-year-old YouTuber who turned a haircut into a massive career opportunity
- Keratin Gets A Bad Rap, But Does It Really Deserve It?
- How To Teach Your Child To Do Their Own Hair
- Why People Are Replacing Shampoo With …Water
- Henna Is Not The Only Natural Powder For Healthier Hair