I love my naturally coily, curly hair. I've loved it ever since I embraced it almost 10 years ago. I have also tried to instill this love and acceptance into my daughter who also has curly hair. At 20 she wears her hair mostly straight and I can see how her beautiful curls may begin to suffer as a result... so I worry.
You see, as women, it is hard living up to the impossible standards of beauty, body image, career/family balance and self-love. We can thank a lot of the outside pressures from society for our warped desire for perfection, but we must find a way to overcome the singular perception of beauty.
Straight hair and fairer skin has been praised as a universal beauty for so long that many women who fall outside of that narrow perimeter lack the self-love they so desperately need. We all need to be beautiful as we are all ARE beautiful many are taking notice. So when Dove launched the Dove Hair Love Your Curls I was intrigued. A huge company in women's hair-care was embracing, announcing and promoting curly hair? I wanted to find out more about it.
The campaign surrounds a fairly new line, Dove Quench Absolute, and I have fallen in love with the Ultra Nourishing Conditioner while my daughter loves the Intensive Restoration Mask.
Dove Quench Absolute
- One in three women in the US have curly hair.
- NEW Dove Hair Quench Absolute products provides 4X more defined, natural curls.
- The three part system nourishes hair.
- The formulas, infused with protein, nutrients and Buriti Oil, provide a nourished, smooth finish.
- Gently cleanses curly hair, leaving it feeling soft and smooth
- Nourishing formula leaves hair strengthened from the core
- Absorbs effortlessly into the hair
- Increases manageability of curls for a smooth finish
- Naturally curly hair is revived and strengthened from the core
- A rich, creamy formula
- Envelopes each curl to deliver intense nourishment for ultimate smoothness and hydration
- Dove's first curl leave-in nourishing treatment
- A fast absorbing, lightweight and creamy serum
- Contains high levels of glycerine to penetrate and nourish hair
- Can be used on wet or dry hair
- 1Dove Hair Study Conducted by Edelman Berland, October 2014
There is real research into our hair and our past and how it affects us and Dove wants that to change.
- Women and girls with curly hair tend to feel less confident.
- Only 4 in 10 little girls with curly hair think their hair is beautiful.1
- Only 10% of women in the U.S. with curly hair feel proud of their hair.1
- The NEW Love Your Curls book is a poetic tribute to curly hair.
- Dove Hair was inspired by the thousands of stories from women with curly hair.
- The real stories from real women inspired the poems in the book.
- Written by best-selling author, Taiye Selasi and illustrated by Annick Poirier.
- It is intended to represent and inspire curly girls of all ages.
Are you interested in making a positive change in your live and the lives of others with curly hair? Here's how you can!
- Visit Dove.com/LoveYourCurls
- Download the free e-book.
- Create a personalized e-book with a custom dedication and illustration for a curly girl in your life.
- Share your personalized e-book on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
Our beauty is powerful and real. It is time to embrace and love our curls and coils and Dove is right on board with us.
SabrinaI was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.