Humidity is the devil to a natural. Ok, some naturals like it, but for most of us it can make our hair expand and shrink to disastrous proportions. Humidity refers to the measurement of water vapor or moisture in the air. An anti humidity product or an anti humectant product is a moisture blocker, and therefore decreases the potential for frizz and reversion if your hair is straightened. It may seem odd since most naturals need and want moisture, but sometimes we don’t need the extra moisture that the weather can bring.
This is a NaturallyCurly.com 2014 Editor’s Choice for a reason, as this heat-activated gel stops tresses from expanding into a wild ball of frizz.
This is another 2014 Editor’s Choice because it works hard at fighting frizz while smelling amazing! It is chocked full with jojoba, avocado, and coconut oil to repel Mother Nature with relative ease.
This cross between a leave-in treatment and a styling aid has an exclusive plant infusion resulting from organic aloe, maize, and guar bean. This smoother defends against humidity for up to 12 hours with its organic tapioca.
You can check out more anti-humectants over at Naturallycurly.com
Don’t let the frizz win Naturals,
- 7 Botanical Gels for Healthy Curls
- The Clay Mask Recipe that Gives You(r Hair) Life
- The Coconut Oil Bleaching Method
- THE GREAT DEBATE: Does Your Coconut Oil REALLY Have Proteins?
- Why you Might Want to Reconsider Humectants During the Winter
- Naturallycurly’s Favorites Products Of The Year: EDITORS’ CHOICE 2015