For one thing, the sleep will win in the end even if you are fighting it off. You might win the battle but you never win the war. Our bodies need sleep. Your body requires its senses and motor activity to be suspended in order to properly function. There is total or partial unconsciousness and our voluntary muscles are in a state of inactivity. Sleep is our body’s rest cycle.
Here is a list of our daily sleep requirement via Medical News Today:
- Newborn baby – up to 18 hours
- 1 to 12 months of age – 14 to 18 hours
- 1 to 3 years of age – 12 to 15 hours. A study found that midday naps boost learning in preschoolers.
- 3 to 5 years of age – 11 to 13 hours
- 5 to 12 years of age – 9 to 11 hours
- Teenagers – 9 to 10 hours
- Adults – 7 to 8+ hours
- Women during pregnancy – at least 8 hours
- You can read the rest of my article over at Naturallycurly.com
- This May Be The Cause Of Your Hair Loss