Vivian @ Hair and all things great
1. How long have you been Natural?
2. Why did you become Natural?
I wanted to begin living a healthier lifestyle overall. Transitioning to becoming a natural, in my opinion, would be the easiest step.
3. Was it a hard transition? How did you transition?
I shaved my head and wore wigs until I had a twa (teeny weeny Afro). Initially I was shocked seeing myself nearly bald but my hair grew fairly fast.
4. Did your age aid in your decision to go Natural?
Yes it did. I’d been relaxed for 23 years but I wanted to make some drastic changes in my 30s. Even though I had thick healthy hair relaxed, I knew that as I got older my hair would become thinner.
5. Does your age make it easier or harder to be Natural?
I think it makes it easier. My life experiences have taught me to be my own woman and be confident in my everyday decisions. As a natural, there are many challenges that I face and remaining confident and diligent has had a positive effect on my hair journey.
6. Do you see many Older Naturals in your area? If so, what styles are they sporting?
I don’t see many older naturals in the Phoenix area. The few I do see are typically rocking an Afro.
7. How do you primarily wear your Natural hair?
I wear my hair in either a twist or braid out.
8. Favorite products and/or product line?
I live by coconut and jojoba oil. My favorite product line is the Shea Moisture line.
9. Any words of wisdom or encouragement for other Older Naturals already Natural or thinking about it?
Be patient and have fun. I think so many women are eager to see growth and length that they lose focus on why they went natural in the first place. Keep things in perspective and focus on having healthy hair.
Wow! Vivian has got some powerful and truthful words here for many Naturals that are struggling with the journey. She’s also go the right mindset that many younger relaxed women may want to heed….older hair means thinning hair and relaxing for years (coupled with poor maintenance can make for a devastating future for many women. Her hair is thick, gorgeous and Natural. Gotta love it! Don’t forget to check out Vivian on Youtube at:
Hair and all things great
Now don’t be shy. If you wanna share your Natural hair journey, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your story and a few pics or contact me on Facebook at: Seriouslynatural
Take care Naturals,