1. How long have you been Natural?
I transitioned for a year than I BC (big chop) in January of 2012 so I've been fully natural almost 1 year.
2. Why did you become Natural?
My hair was not healthy while relaxed. It started thinning so I tried going natural once before years ago but there wasn't many women doing that. So I tried again and now I love it.
3. Was it a hard transition? How did you transition?
Yes, so hard that I'm writing a book about it. I used braids, wigs but mostly kept my hair in a pony tail.
4. Did your age aid in your decision to go Natural?
No not really. I still feel young.
5. Does your age make it easier or harder to be Natural?
Sometimes my age makes it a little harder because I feel sometimes we are expected to have a "sophisticated" hair style. But I'm gradually excepting that I am sophisticated and my hair is wonderful.
6. Do you see many Older Naturals in your area? If so, what styles are they sporting?
Yes and they mostly wear it in short Afro styles.
7. How do you primarily wear your Natural hair?
I wear Afro-pony tails or twisted. Sometimes and Afro.
8. Favorite products and/or product line?
Eco Styling Gel...Life Saver
9. Any words of wisdom or encouragement for other Older Naturals already Natural or thinking about it?
You have to learn how to love yourself. When you become comfortable with who God has created you to be than you will embrace the hair He's giving you.
OK, you know I love this woman's name but I gotta tell you also I love her hair and attitude. I have to thank her for sharing her story. Her take on this Natural hair journey has given her a fierce fro and beautiful style. Learning to love yourself (as she suggests) will make everything in your life easier to embrace and enjoy.
Any new takers who wanna step up to the plate and share?? I"m always looking for women over 30 and you can check out my contact page for more info.
Take care Naturals,