1 year 2 months natural
2. Why did you become Natural?
I used a perm and color within 1 week and I had a lot of breakage and decided to do a big chop. During that time my dad and a friend passed away of cancer and I wasn't sure what type of damage relaxers were doing to my hair and health.I just went to the shop and I had it all shaved off.
4. Did your age aid in your decision to go Natural?
No, I shaved my head before when I was about 20. The only difference is when it grew back I put a texturizer on it. Not this time I love my natural hair.
5. Does your age make it easier or harder to be Natural?
I don't believe my age plays a part at all.
6. Do you see many Older Naturals in your area? If so, what styles are they sporting?
7. How do you primarily wear your Natural hair?
2 Strand Twist outs, bun, and headwraps.
8. Favorite products and/or product line?
9. Any words of wisdom or encouragement for other Older Naturals already Natural or thinking about it? Love it, own it, enjoy it. It's you in your beautiful natural state. Also have patience...
I have to thank Tishonna for taking out the time to share and love these pics of her progression. Her hair is growing like a weed! She's classy and smart. Worrying about the chemicals we put into our bodies and hair is something many Naturals have begun to do since we've left the creamy crack.
Take care Naturals,