For Eighteen (18) years.
2. Why did you become Natural?
I found out I was allergic to Perms.
3. Was it a hard transition? How did you transition?
Nope. I just let my perm grow out a few inches then cut it off and started my first set of Locs.
My age had nothing to do with it.
5. Does your age make it easier or harder to be Natural?
Like I said, my age had nothing to do with it.
6. Do you see many Older Naturals in your area? If so, what styles are they sporting?
Yes!!! Everything from Fros to braids, to press outs to twists to Locs.
7. How do you primarily wear your Natural hair?
I've just started my third set of Locs. I rotate between Locs, Fros and twists.
8. Favorite products and/or product line?
I make my own butter using Shea butter/coconut oil/jojoba oil/olive oil.
9. Any words of wisdom or encouragement for other Older Naturals already Natural or thinking about it?
Just keep on rocking your YOU!!! There's someone younger who's still being fed the colonized version of black female beauty which you dispel every moment that you are out rocking you in your natural state!!
Now don't be shy. If you wanna share your Natural hair journey, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your story and a few pics or contact me on Facebook at: Seriouslynatural
Take care Naturals,