1. How long have you been Natural?
I’ve been relaxer free since Aug 26, 2011. I BC’d Feb 10, 2012.
2. Why did you become Natural?
have two daughters 8 and 6. The 6 year old was crying one day and told
me she wanted her hair straight like mine. All her friends (other races)
at school wore their hair straight. I decided to change for my
daughters and show them that natural hair is beautiful, healthier and
exactly what God gave us.
3. Was it a hard transition? How did you transition?
I transitioned for 5 1/2 months. It was difficult for me because my hair was so long and the two textures were terrible.
4. Did your age aid in your decision to go Natural?
5. Does your age make it easier or harder to be Natural?
At 39 it makes it easier. I’m wiser, more confident and don’t really
care what anyone thinks about my decisions. At a younger age it may have
6. Do you see many Older Naturals in your area? If so, what styles are they sporting?
Yes…most of the women at my church have gone natural. I see a lot of twist outs, braid outs, Afros and some wash and go’s.
7. How do you primarily wear your Natural hair?
I wear my hair in two-strand twists and twist outs.
8. Favorite products and/or product line?
Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave-in Conditioner.
9. Any words of wisdom or encouragement for other Older Naturals already Natural or thinking about it?
Once you truly
decide to go natural….starting in the mind first, you will see how
healthy and beautiful your hair can be without the unhealthy chemicals.
Also, we are setting a path for the young black girls who are to follow
us….showing them by our great example that natural black hair is
I truly appreciate Tanesha taking out the time to discuss her journey with us. I love posting about transitioners since I didn’t do that. I also love how she saw wanted to show her girls just how beautiful our natural hair is. She’s gorgeous and her hair is growing nicely.
I am always looking for lovely Naturals (30 and older) to share so check out my Contact page for more info.
Take care Naturals,