I have been natural for 10 years.
2. Why did you become Natural?
I became natural because after I gave birth to my daughter my hair would fall out with a relaxer and it burned really bad whenever a relaxer was applied.
3. Was it a hard transition? How did you transition?
I would keep my hair braided for a year. I would get braids, keep them in for a couple of months, take them out, get my hair cut and put the braids back in.4. Did your age aid in your decision to go Natural?
5. Does your age make it easier or harder to be Natural?
I think easier, no peer pressure.
6. Do you see many Older Naturals in your area? If so, what styles are they sporting?
No, so of course no styles are being sported.
7. How do you primarily wear your Natural hair?
I have Locs.
8. Favorite products and/or product line?
I use Dr Bonner's peppermint shampoo and a mixture of olive oil, tea tree oil, coconut oil and castor oil.
9. Any words of wisdom or encouragement for other Older Naturals already Natural or thinking about it?
Go for it! Best decision Ive ever made. Let your natural beauty shine:)
I have to thank Monique for sharing her story with us. Short, sweet, and to the point. I love her smile and her Locs are gorgeous. I love smiles. I hate she doesn't see any older Naturals (wonder where she lives) but I'm sure they will be appearing soon. We are expanding!
I truly love this Monday feature and hope you all enjoy it as well. I'm looking for more features as well as product reviews and guest blogger/vloggers. Just check out my Contact page for more info.
Take care Naturals,