1. How long have I been natural?13 months since my last perm, and 4 months since I started wearing it out.
2. Why did I become Natural?
I wanted a change, I wanted to explore and come outside of a comfort zone I was in. Also I was tired of breakage.
3. Was it hard to transistion, how did i transistion?
No it wasn't hard at all...I wore sew ins for a year.
4. Did my age aid in my decision to go natural?
It sure did...I wanted to go natural for my 40th b-day but my husband had a problem with it, but at 45 I had lost my father and said this is me...love me or leave me alone!!
5. Do I see many older naturals in my area?
Heck yeah I do...I live in Philly and I see more silver locs and twists than ever now. Plenty of young ladies but most def the older women are rocking it.
6. How do I primarily wear my natural hair?
Twist baby! I twist it up and love it on the 3rd day becuz it's BIG!!
7. Favorite products and line?
Hands down my staple is my homemade flaxseed gel...hands down.
8. Words of wisdome or encouragement...
ROCK IT...OWN IT....You will feel reborn....you will fall in love with your hair, I promise!!
I love this black and white pic of Sonya. So classic and classy. She's got style, let me tell you and I love her story in her own words. She's got energy and confidence. All women need that but truly a Natural woman needs it when family and friends may not be supportive. Even with all the Naturals out here now we still gotta support one another. Love her spirit.
I love this series more than anything eles I post and would love more older Naturals coming forward to share their story. I'm always on the lookout so step up and take the plunge!
Love you all Naturals,