1. How long have you been Natural?
I have been natural since March 2011.
2. Why did you become Natural?
I became natural initially because I felt that relaxers were thinning out my hair and out of mere curiosity.
3. Was it a hard transition? How did you transition?
I enjoyed transitioning. I transitioned by mostly wearing twists (two strand and flat), as well as extensions.
I think it helped that I am a more mature natural.
5. Does your age make it easier or harder to be Natural?
I believe because I am a mature nature, I am more comfortable in the skin that I am in. I don't really allow many folks opinions of my hair to get to me, not sure I would be as strong if I were younger.
6. Do you see many Older Naturals in your area? If so, what styles are they sporting?
I don't see many older naturals in my area. When I do see older naturals they are are wearing wash and go's.
7. How do you primarily wear your Natural hair?
I primarily wear my hair in twists.
8. Favorite products and/or product line?
Favorite products and line are butters, deep conditioners, henna. Oyin, MyHoneyChild, Uncle Funky's Daughter and DonnaMarie.
9. Any words of wisdom or encouragement for other Older Naturals already Natural or thinking about it?
Do it! You can do it!! I am so happy to be on this journey!!!
It's been a pleasure to have Adrienne discuss her Natural hair journey as well as her pics. She's got beautiful hair and an award-winning smile. Love it! She's made her first year of being Natural and her hair is looking healthy and great.
Don't forget I'm always looking for women thirty and over to share their Natural hair story with us.
Take care Naturals,Sabrina